You are here
Meadows Running Club 2016-2017
Meadows Parents, the PTA is excited to announce the 2016-2017 Meadows Running Club for students. Multiple studies have shown that cardio exercise in the morning promotes better mood, concentration and academic performance. Additionally, social running is fun!
Starting October 4th running through May 14th , Meadows will be offering a student running club. It will take place Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from 7:40am – 8:00am. When the 8:00am bell rings the students will be sent to class. Your child may attend one day or all days! We will take a winter break from November 22th – January 23rd . All 1st – 5th graders are welcome. Parent participation welcome!
A few things to remember:
1. Only drop your child if you see a Running Club parent setting up on the lower playground. Never drop before 7:40am.
2. If it rains after 6PM the night before, Running Club is cancelled the next morning.
3. Lap tallies and award districution will be done in your student's classroom every other week.
4. Kindergarteners are welcome with a parent present to walk them to class at 8:00am.
5. Running Club is non-competitive and one lap is better than none - come give it a try!
We will be adding a "Giving Back to the community" component this year at Running Club so our Meadows students can experience what it feels like to give the gift of running to another child. When a Meadows student achieves their first marathon, a brand new pair of running shoes will be given to a child in Lawndale that needs new shoes. The new running shoes will be given on the Meadows student's behalf. The program is being launched by Vicky Tyler, the Running Club Coordinator at Grandview. We are so proud to be part of the Kids Helping Kids campaign. Please check out the banner that will be hangning on campus later in October to see all the local organizations that helped make this amazing program happen. For more information on the wonderful chairty backing this program, check out shoesthatfit.org and thank you to Nicole Khoddam for spearheading this effort for Meadows!!
To Volunteer for the Run Club please email Nicole Alexander
Rain policy - if it rains after 6pm Run Club is canceled the next day.
Make sure you stretch!!